Like any astronomical enterprise, we are subject to the weather. The following services may be of assistance.
- 7-Timer - Based in China. Allows to define locations by geographical coordinates.
- AccuWeather.com - An international website which can be customised for individual predefined locations
- Cloud Free Night – Meteograms - Cloud Free Night is a non-profit online weather forecast information service, for the benefit of the Australian and New Zealand astronomy community. It is unique in offering a comparison of the widely available forecasts from the United States GFS global model with higher resolution forecasts from the Australian Bureau of Meteorology ACCESS model. The Cloud ...
- New Zealand – Metservice - In New Zealand, Roland Idaczyk recommends Metservice.
- SkippySky - Andrew Cool started SkippySky in 2008 as a free service to amateur astronomers, but these days all sorts of people use it. It provides regional cloud cover predictions and maps at 3-hour intervals. Custom maps can be arranged. http://www.skippysky.com.au/Australia/
- The Weather Channel - Satellite images.
- TimeAndDate - Provides sun/moon rise/transit/set, twilights, moon phases for any location, and much more. https://www.timeanddate.com/
If you know of others, please email the webmaster with a description and links.